Recommended for grades 9–14.
In the following exercise, you will create a program using SensorDAQ’s Analog Express VI that records temperature data. The code will allow the user to display the data in Celsius or Fahrenheit units. In addition, a threshold value is compared to the temperature measurement and a message is displayed to alert the user when the temperature is above the threshold.
In this exercise, you will
- Create a LabVIEW VI to collect temperature data.
- Become familiar with an Enumerated control.
- Warn the user when the temperature is above a threshold value.
- Incorporate code that makes decisions based on user input and numeric comparison.
Sensors and Equipment
This activity requires each of the following Vernier sensors and equipment (unless otherwise noted):
You will also need a SensorDAQ interface and LabVIEW software for data acquisition.
Download Experiment Preview
The student-version preview includes:
- Step-by-step instructions for computer-based data collection
- List of materials and equipment
The preview does not include essential teacher information, safety tips, or sample data. We strongly recommend that you purchase the book for classroom use.
No standards correlations for this experiment.