Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry
Recommended for High School.
Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry contains 34 inquiry-based investigations that prompt students’ interest in the environment.
Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry contains 34 inquiry-based, environmental science investigations. Each experiment includes a preliminary activity, teacher information, sample researchable questions, and sample data. Labs are correlated to AP* and IB** standards. Topics covered include:
- Earth Systems and Resources/Air and Water
- Earth Systems and Resources/Soil
- The Living World
- Global Change and Population
- Energy Resources and Consumption
The inquiry style used is based on recommendations from the National Research Council report, Learning and Understanding: Improving Advanced Study of Mathematics and Science in U.S. High Schools (2002) and leading inquiry-based learning experts.
Included with Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry
- Complete student preliminary activities with step-by-step instructions, data tables, and questions.
- Teacher Information section for each investigation with complete directions for setting up, helpful hints, and sample graphs and data.
- Word-processing files of the student sections on a CD so that any investigation may be easily edited to your specifications (Microsoft® Word® files).
Features listed above are only available when you purchase the lab book. The downloadable evaluation PDFs include student instructions only.
Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry iBook
Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry is available on the iBookstore. This student companion contains all student versions from the lab manual, a new glossary feature, and images in full color.
Select an investigation below to view objectives, standards correlations, or download a preview.
Stainless Steel Temperature Probe (14)
Relative Humidity Sensor (5)
Dissolved Oxygen Probe (5)
Primary Productivity Kit (1)
Stainless Steel Temperature Probe or Relative Humidity Sensor or Soil Moisture Sensor or pH Sensor or Conductivity Probe or Dissolved Oxygen Probe or Turbidity Sensor or CO2 Gas Sensor (1)
* AP and Advanced Placement Program are registered trademarks of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of and does not endorse this product.
** The IB Diploma Program is an official program of the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) which authorizes schools to offer it. The material available here has been developed independently of the IBO and is not endorsed by it.