Forensics with Vernier
Recommended for High School.
Forensics with Vernier is for teachers at the high school level who wish to introduce their students to forensics using engaging and realistic laboratory activities with Vernier probeware.
Containing lab activities dealing with various aspects of forensic science, each lab is preceded by a short scenario that introduces the concepts or methods to be addressed in the lab. These introductory sequences are designed to “hook” the students and show them situations that require various forensic techniques. The Case Analysis questions for each activity relate to the concepts and techniques addressed in the lab, and many require the students to “solve” the crime introduced in the scenario with the data they collect.
Forensics with Vernier has printed student instructions for computer data collection with LabQuest App and EasyData instructions on the accompanying CD.
Included with Forensics with Vernier
- Complete student experiments with materials list, step-by-step instructions, data tables, and questions.
- Teacher Information section for each experiment with complete directions for setting up experiments, helpful hints, and sample graphs and data.
- Word-processing files of the student sections on a CD so that any experiment may be easily edited to your specifications (Microsoft Word for Macintosh and Windows files).
- CD includes instructions to perform the experiments on every supported platform:
- LabQuest in standalone mode
- Calculator (EasyData)
Features listed above are only available when you purchase the lab book. The downloadable evaluation PDFs include student instructions only.
Select an experiment below to view objectives, standards correlations, or download a preview.
Dual-Range Force Sensor (2)
Stainless Steel Temperature Probe (2)