The Vernier UV-VIS Spectrophotometer is an easy and accurate instrument ideal for measuring the absorbance spectra of various chemical and biochemical compounds. An optical fiber accessory can be attached to the spectrophotometer for emission spectrum experiments. It has a USB interface allowing it to plug directly into your computer or LabQuest for data collection.
Download the user manual for full specifications
- Dimensions: 18.5 cm × 17.0 cm × 7.0 cm
- Power Supply: AC adapter (included)
- Power Consumption: 3 A start-up, 500 mA continuous
- Light Source: deuterium (UV) and incandescent (VIS)
- Detector: Linear CCD
- Wavelength Range: 220–850 nm
- Wavelength Reporting Interval: ~ 1 nm
- Optical Resolution: 3.0 nm (as determined with 486 nm hydrogen emission spectral line FWHM)
- Wavelength Accuracy: ± 2.0 nm (as determined with holmium oxide NIST standard)
- Photometric Accuracy: ± 5.0% (as determined with potassium dichromate NIST standards)
- Photometric Range (for best accuracy): 0.1–1.0
- Typical Scan Time: ~ 2 s
- Operating Temperature: 15–35°C
Experiments and Lab Ideas
Preview and/or edit the spectroscopy experiments for your curriculum by downloading the experiments below. The Student download includes objectives, materials, procedures, and analysis. The Instructor download includes notes, sample results and graphs, and answers.
The Vernier UV-VIS Spectrophotometer may require a compatible interface and software. Choose a platform below to see compatible interface and software options.
- Vernier UV-VIS Spectrophotometer
- AC power supply
- Two Starna quartz cuvettes
- USB cable
- User manual
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »