Recommended for College, High School, and K-8. Interface and software sold separately.
The Infrared Thermometer is a non-contact, fast-responding temperature measuring device. The sensor works by measuring infrared radiation emissions. Simply point the sensor at an object and read its temperature.
- Temperature range: –20°C to 400°C
- Operating temperature range: 0°C to 50°C at < 70% relative humidity
- Display Resolution: 1°C
- Accuracy: ±2% of reading or ±3°C, whichever is greater @ 18 to 28°C ambient operating temperature
- Response time: 1 second
- Display Resolution on the meter: 1°C
- Spectral Response: 6 to 14 μm nominal
- Emissivity: preset 0.95
- Detection element: Thermopile
- Field of view: 65 mm diameter circle at 1000 mm range
- Average battery life: 100 hours
Download the user manual for full specifications
Experiments and Lab Ideas
Lab Ideas and Innovative Uses
- You can easily investigate skin temperature. Compare the temperature of your palm to the back of your hand, your forearm, or your foot.
- Demonstrate that most objects in the room are at equilibrium. What is the temperature of the table top that feels cold? Compare its temperature to the temperature of the wall, the floor, or a book.
- Measure temperatures of hard-to-reach objects such as heating and cooling ducts.
- Compare the surface temperatures of cars parked in the sun. Does color affect the surface temperature? Is the surface hot enough to cook an egg?
- On a sunny day, compare the temperature of asphalt, concrete, and grass.
- Infrared Thermometer
- Interface cable
- (4) AAA batteries
- Omega Infrared Thermometer Manual
- User manual
The Infrared Thermometer requires a compatible interface and software to collect data. Interface and software sold separately. Getting started with probeware »
The Infrared Thermometer is compatible with these interfaces:
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »