Vernier Projectile Launcher
Recommended for College and High School. Interface and software sold separately.
Use the Vernier Projectile Launcher to investigate important concepts in two-dimensional kinematics.
Use the Vernier Projectile Launcher to investigate important concepts in two-dimensional kinematics. Launch steel balls at angles between 0 and 70 degrees and over distances up to 2.5 m.
The solid, heavy base is provides an easy-to-use and reliable setup. A unique pneumatic launching system provides excellent repeatability and allows you to set the launch speed.
Built-in photogates and angle markings provide easy and accurate measurement of the ball’s launch velocity, allowing for precise quantitative analysis of projectile motion. Simply plug the device into a compatible data-collection interface.
- Launch angle: 0 to 70 degrees
- Launch speed: 0-6 m/s
- Launch height: 146 mm
- Maximum launch distance: 2.5 m
- Internal photogate interval: 50 mm
- Steel ball diameter: 17.46 mm
- Steel ball mass: 21.8 g
Download the user manual for full specifications
Sample experiments include:
- Investigate the independence of the horizontal and vertical motion
- Use the photogates to measure launch velocity
- Knowing the launch velocity, predict the landing point when a ball is launched horizontally from a table top
- Knowing the launch velocity and launch angle, predict the landing point when a ball is launched at an angle on a lab table
- Knowing the launch velocity and launch angle, launch a ball through a horizontal or vertical hoop
- Investigate projectile range as a function of launch angle
- Determine which launch angles give the same range
- Determine which launch angle gives the maximum range
- Investigate the repeatability of the launcher
- Use the launcher, a video camera and the video features of Logger Pro to observe the launch path
- Given a specific launch distance, calculate the launch velocity needed to hit the target. Use the photogates to set the device to that launch velocity and test your prediction.
- 6 Steel balls
- Hand pump
- 2 pair of goggles
- Roll of wax marking paper
- Photogate cable
- User manual
- Logger Pro 184.108.40.206 or newer
- LabQuest App 1.6 or newer
* Manual set up required
- LabQuest Mini
- TI Lab Cradle*
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »