Hand-Grip Heart Rate Monitor, order code HGH-BTA, $119
Specifications and User Guide
-Primary Test: Make sure that the hand grips and the receiver are in alignment. The arrow symbol on the left hand grip and the receiver should be held in parallel alignment. The hand grips and the receiver should be at the same level.
-Secondary Test: Confirm that the following are OK:
1. the receiver is within 80 cm of the hand grips
2. there are no electrical devices within 25 centimeters of the receiver (interfaces, computers,cell phones, electrical lab equipment)
3. no other receivers or transmitters are near the sensor
4. the contacts are clean
5. readings are stabilized before starting the data collection
6. if the reading for the Heart Beats Graph in Logger Pro (Graph 2 in LabQuest) is a flat line, the battery may be dead. As units approach their third and fourth year of service, the battery at the base of the hand grips needs to be changed. The battery is a CR 2025, available at most drug stores. Please be sure to dispose of the old battery properly. To find a battery disposal facility near you, visit http://www.rbrc.org/
RELATED TIL ENTRIES
TIL 815: Is it possible to order the receiver and transmitter portion of the Exercise or Hand-Grip Heart Rate Monitor separately?
TIL 1403: What are the software requirements for the physiology sensors?
TIL 2038: How can I get better recordings using the Hand-Grip Heart Rate Monitor or Exercise Heart Rate Monitor
TIL 2844: The Hand-Grip Heart Rate Monitor or Exercise Heart Rate Monitor does not work with my other sensors, such as a temperature probe. What is the problem?
-order code: HGH-BTA
-Receiver range: 80 to 100 cm
-Receiver current consumption: 30 to 55 µA
-Transmitter transmission frequency: 5 kHz ±10%
-Transmitter operating temperature: 0 to 60˚C
-Calibrate? No. The Hand-Grip Heart Rate Monitor does not need to be, nor can it be, calibrated.
RELATED VERNIER PRODUCTS
-Chest Belt Transmitter, order code CBT, $48 (uses the same receiver as hand grips)
-Extra Hand-Grip Transmitter, Hand Grip Transmitter, order code HGH-GRIP, $89