A few things to check:
1. Ensure you have compatible versions of the software installed using our installer. Logger Pro 3.6 or Logger Lite 1.4 must be installed when using an Original LabQuest. Logger Pro 3.8.5 or Logger Lite 1.6 (LabQuest 2), or newer is required when using LabQuest 2. If you have an older version of the software, the updater is a free download from our website at:
2. If you are using LabQuest 2, make sure it is not set to "Viewer over USB" mode. When this is on, LabQuest can talk to the LabQuest Viewer, order code LQ-VIEW, $79 software, but not Logger Pro. On LabQuest:
a. Tap the Wi-Fi icon on the LabQuest 2 toolbar.
b. Tap the Viewer gear icon.
c. Make sure "Enable Viewer over USB" is unchecked.
3. Reboot your LabQuest and try reconnecting it to Logger Pro. See TIL 1777: How do I reboot or reset a LabQuest?.
4. If you are using the Original LabQuest, make sure the internal Temperature Probe is not active. When it is active (displayed on meter screen), LabQuest will not connect to Logger Pro. This is a known problem in versions 1.0 and 1.1 of the LabQuest App. This problem has been fixed in LabQuest App version 1.2 and newer, which is a free download at:
5. Keep in mind a few standard USB troubleshooting steps:
a.Try connecting to a different LabQuest or a different computer.
b.Try a different USB port on the same computer.
c.Determine if you are getting feedback on the Taskbar that a USB device (LabQuest) is being connected when you connect the USB. If there's no bubble in the lower right part of the screen when connecting to a USB port, it is likely that the LabQuest drivers are not installed, or are being blocked by your school's IT policies. Log in as the user named "administrator", reinstall Logger Pro, and then connect LabQuest. Watch for connection alerts.
Note: Windows 2000 has connection problems with LabQuest and is not supported. There is no known workaround for using LabQuest with Windows 2000.
TIL 2851: Are the LabQuest 2 device drivers installed correctly?
TIL 2501: Are the device drivers installed correctly? (For Windows with LabPro, original LabQuest and LabQuest Mini)
TIL 1684: LabQuest with lots of data won't connect to a computer.
TIL 2263: LabQuest does not connect to computer or see a USB thumb drive.