Go!Motion, order code GO-MOT, $109
Specifications and User Guide
Logger Lite software is free with the purchase of a Go! device. For more information about Logger Lite, see:
For troubleshooting information and a detailed comparison of Motion Detector models, see:
TIL 1374: Motion Detector Troubleshooting and FAQs
TIL 1901: Do Go! devices work with LabQuest?
TIL 1579: What are the system requirements for Logger Pro and Logger Lite?
TIL 2107: Comparison of Logger Pro and Logger Lite
TIL 19: Can I use 2 motion detectors with my Vernier Interface?
TIL 410: Can you create new match files for Logger Pro?
TIL 318: Should I get a Motion Detector or a CBR?
TIL 1001: How do you create new match files for MacMotion or Motion?
TIL 1938: Should I use a photogate or a Motion Detector?
TIL 1036: Will your Motion Detector show the speed of a (car, baseball, racquetball)?
The LED on the Go!Motion is a useful troubleshooting tool. When working correctly, the LED on the Go!Motion is green. If your LED is not green, see:
TIL 2113: The LED on my Go! device or LabQuest Mini is not green. What does that mean?
TIL 5: Why am I getting Motion Detector readings that are noisy or max out at a certain distance?
TIL 459: Why don't I get a freefall acceleration value of 9.8 m/s^2 when using a motion detector?
TIL 1205: My Motion Detector is not collecting data with DataMate and LabPro.
TIL 1914: My motion detector still reads 0.004 m after zeroing.
TIL 2053: How do I improve the results from a Motion Detector with an air track?
TIL 2655: A mass fell into my Motion Detector and dented the screen. Can the gold mesh screen be repaired?
- order code: GO-MOT
- ultrasound frequency: 50 kHz
- resolution: 1 mm
- accuracy: 2 mm
- range: MD-BTD - 0.15 m to 6 m
- speed of ultrasound used to calculate distance: 343 m/s *
- power: 51 mA while running
*Adjusting the "temperature" setting in Logger Pro changes this value. Speed increases with temperature. We apply a linear correction such that a 1°C change of temperature is equal to 60 cm/s change of speed of sound. The Go! Motion is more sophisticated because only it has a built-in temperature sensor and applies the correction automatically.
- Air temperature corrections are possible only in Logger Pro and Logger Lite in the Sensors dialog.
RELATED VERNIER PRODUCTS
- Motion Detector Clamp, order code MD-CLAMP, $7, must order separately
- Digital Sensor Cable, order code MDC-BTD, $5, shipped with sensor
- Cable Motion Detector to MPLI, order code M-MDC, \Contact Us
- Cable Motion Detector to ULI, order code ULI-MDC, $5
- Motion Detector Bracket, order code MDB-VDS, $11
- Digital Extension Cable, order code EXT-BTD, $12, 2 m in length