Using the LabQuest Browser in Logger Pro reports "Error communicating with LabQuest: 1. Cannot browse device." and disconnects
About this FAQ
Created Jun 10, 2010
Updated May 3, 2011
Support by Product
If the LabQuest has a lot of files (more than ~300), trying to use the LabQuest Browser in Logger Pro may report "Error communicating with LabQuest: 1. Cannot browse device." and then disconnect from Logger Pro.
If this happens:
1) Disconnect the LabQuest from the computer
2) If the two arrows still show on the screen, reboot the LabQuest by pressing the reset button the back of the device.
3) From the File Menu in the LabQuest application, select Delete.
4) Select a file.
5) Press the "Delete" button.
6) Press the "Done" button.
7) Get a confirmation asking if you are sure you want to permanently delete the file, press OK .
8) Reconnect the LabQuest to the computer and try again.
(Repeat as necessary.)
This happens because the LabQuest Browser can only handle 4000 characters of file names. Note the LabQuest should be able to collect data with Logger Pro normally when that many files, the only thing that can't be done is use the LabQuest Browser.