When you have LabQuest App version 1.4, follow these instructions:
1. Download the printer update file here: http://www2.vernier.com/download/HP-OfficeJet-8000_fix.lqa
2. Copy the downloaded file to a newly-formatted USB flash drive.
3. Power the LabQuest and wait for the main application screen to appear.
4. Plug the USB flash drive into the LabQuest.
5. After about 10 seconds, a message about installing the fix appears for a minute and is replaced by this message "hp-offcejet_pro_8000 fix Install succeeded!".
6. The update is finished - Tap OK - you may remove the USB thumb drive.
7. Do NOT plug the HP 8000 printer into the LabQuest until step 9.
8. To remove the old HP 8000 printer from LabQuest printer configurations (if it is still listed), tap the Home icon, tap Control Panel, and then tap Printers. Select the HP 8000 printer entry, if any, and then tap Remove Printer.
9. Plug the HP 8000 printer into the LabQuest with a USB cable (or set up a wireless network connection to the network with the HP 8000 installed.)
10. After a few seconds, you should see Officejet Pro 8000 A809. Close the Printer Configuration window.
11. Try printing.
If you are still getting error messages while trying to print, please call Vernier Technical Support at 888-837-6437.