Will LabQuest print to the HP LaserJet P2035/P2035n?
About this FAQ
Created Nov 8, 2011
Updated Dec 20, 2011
Support by Product
Before following these instructions to add the driver for the HP LaserJet P2035 or HP LaserJet P2035n, your LabQuest version must be 1.5.1 - if you need to update, go here: http://www.vernier.com/labquest/updates/
When you have LabQuest App version 1.5.1 or later, follow these instructions:
1. Download the printer update file here: http://www2.vernier.com/download/HP-Laserjet-P2035.lqa
2. Copy the downloaded file to a newly-formatted USB flash drive.
3. Power the LabQuest and wait for the main application screen to appear.
4. Plug the USB flash drive into the LabQuest.
5. After about 10 seconds, a message about installing the fix appears for a minute and is replaced by this message "HP-Laserjet-P2035 fix Install succeeded!".
6. The update is finished - you may remove the USB thumb drive.
7. Do NOT plug the HP 2035 printer into the LabQuest until step 9.
8. To remove the old HP 2035 printer from LabQuest printer configurations (if it is still listed), tap the Home icon, tap Control Panel, and then tap Printers. Select the HP 2035 printer entry, if any, and then tap Remove Printer.
9. Plug the HP 2035 printer into the LabQuest with a USB cable (or set up a connection to the network with the HP 2035n installed.)
10. After a few seconds, you should see HP Laserjet P2035. Close the Printer Configuration window.
11. Try printing.
If you are still getting error messages while trying to print, please call Vernier Technical Support at 888-837-6437.