Vernier and Flinn Scientific co-host AP* Chemistry hands-on technology institutes in Denver and Baltimore. During these 2-day summer workshops, you will do many of the experiments recommended by The College Board, including acid-base titration, determining melting temperature, and the Rydberg constant.
You will have a chance to try the Vernier Mini Gas Chromatograph, Melt Station, Chemical Polarimeter, SpectroVis Plus, and more. The workshop includes a light breakfast, lunch, and a copy of Advanced Chemistry with Vernier.
Here are some of the experiments covered:
- Determining the Mole Ratio in a Chemical Reaction
- Acid-Base Titration: Determining the Ka of a Weak Acid
- Determining the Rate Law of a Chemical Reaction
- Identifying and Unknown Solid by Melting Temperature
- A Redox Titration
- Determining the Molar Volume of a Gas
- The Determination of an Equilibrium Constant
- The Rydberg Constant
- Understanding Polarimetry (demo)
- Analyzing a Mixture with a Gas Chromatograph
The $199 registration fee includes a free copy of Vernier’s Advanced Chemistry with Vernier lab book, a $48 value. These workshops are eligible for graduate credit.