Become A REcharge Instructor!
The REcharge Academy is a week-long educator training workshop about renewable energy. The intensive training blends replicable hands-on K-12 lessons, lectures from experts, and tours of energy facilities. A REcharge Academy combines materials from REcharge Labs, WindWise Curricula, KidWind, and Vernier, as well as other materials we find applicable and useful in the classroom. After successfully completing an Academy, all attendees become REcharge Instructors, and are certified to teach REcharge programming in their own areas!
What Can A REcharge Instructor Do?
REcharge Instructors are an integral part of the REcharge and KidWind training and outreach. They:
- Provide wind and solar energy teacher trainings in their state or region
- Receive REcharge/KidWind products at reduced prices
- Participate in the development of new REcharge/KidWind curriculum and materials
- Facilitate KidWind Challenges or similar events in their state
- Represent REcharge, WindWise, and KidWind at conferences and events
- Receive a stipend for their workshops and events held in their state
The cost for teachers to attend the training is $1250. The fee does not cover travel to and from the training location in Pittsburgh, PA.
- 5 Days of Training
- Lunch each day of the training
- Full set of REcharge, KidWind, WindWise materials ($250+ value!)
There is a registration page for all attendees. Interested teachers can apply now. Applications will be accepted until June 6. This year, REcharge Labs is offering several scholarships to multiple educators. These scholarships cover full or partial tuition fees.