Full-day, hands-on training helps you integrate data-collection technology into your science curriculum.
School may be out for the summer, but the learning never stops at Vernier. Please join us this summer for a full-day exploration of the latest and greatest in probeware and data-collection technology.
You’ll get hands-on experience with our award-winning line of computer and handheld data-acquisition technology. Explore our line of interfaces and sensors, including our new Go Direct sensors with options for wireless and USB connectivity. One of our knowledgeable training specialists will work right alongside you, providing guidance and inspiration as you explore classroom-ready labs and activities.
You’ll leave the workshop with the skills and knowledge you need to get your students excited about hands-on science.
Each $99 session includes
- Six hours of training
- Light lunch
- Workshop Training Manual Download
- Savings on a workshop package
- Your choice of one Vernier electronic lab book
Perfect for science educators who
- Want to evaluate our award-winning technology.
- Are new to data collection.
- Need a refresher course on Vernier equipment.
- Want to learn from an expert.
Upcoming Summer Institutes
|San Jose, CA||06/21/17|
|Salt Lake City, UT||06/22/17|
|Fairfax Co., VA||07/13/17|
|St. Louis, MO||07/17/17|
|New York, NY||07/26/17|
Hands-On Training for all Science Educators
Get ready to explore these popular labs, designed to meet the needs of teachers across a wide variety of grade levels and STEM disciplines.
After an introduction and overview, you will have the opportunity to try the experiments that interest you.
- Collect position, velocity, and acceleration data with a Motion Detector in the “Cart on a Ramp” experiment.
- Explore Newton’s second law using an Accelerometer and a Force Sensor.
- Investigate magnetic fields with a Magnetic Field Sensor.
- Use a Colorimeter to determine the concentration of a nickel sulfate solution in the “Beer’s Law” lab.
- Investigate the conductivity and concentration of solutions with a Conductivity Probe in the “Conductivity of Solutions” lab.
- Conduct acid-base titrations with a pH Sensor and Drop Counter.
- Measure concentrations of carbon dioxide during cell respiration with a CO2 Gas Sensor.
- In the “Monitoring EKG” lab, you’ll strap on an EKG Sensor and graph your own heart’s electrical activity!
- Explore “Enzyme Action” with a Gas Pressure Sensor.
- Explore exciting classroom applications for the built-in GPS sensor that comes in the new LabQuest 2.
- In “Exploring Magnetism,” you’ll measure and manipulate the strength of magnetic fields using a Magnetic Field Sensor.
K-8 Science Education
- Use a Heart Rate Monitor to measure your heart rate before and after exercise in the “Heart Rate and Exercise” experiment.
- In “Learning to Use a Motion Detector,” you’ll use a Motion Detector to measure the position of objects as they move.
Additional Activities, Even More Sensors
- Vernier Optical DO Probe
- Radiation Monitors
- Vernier Projectile Launcher
- And more!
Included with your Registration
Your Summer Institute registration includes our Workshop Training Manual download with clear instructions for the labs covered in the workshop.
When you register, you can also select one download copy of a Vernier lab book. Choose from a list of 16 titles, each including dozens of subject-specific labs, word-processing files of the student instructions, essential teacher information, suggested answers, sample data and graphs, and more.
You will receive an email with download instructions for your selected lab book you once your registration has been processed.
Special Savings Along with Expert Training
Our workshop packages make it affordable to add a Vernier technology purchase to your workshop. You can add a workshop package when you register for a specific workshop.
Our workshops fill fast! Find an upcoming workshop near you and sign up today.
Additional Training Resources
Ready to get started with Vernier technology before your workshop date? Here are a few more training resources for you to explore.
The subject-specific institutes give you in-depth experience using probeware for a physics, biology, chemistry, or engineering topic.
Customized webinars for your department, school, or district to deliver basic or advanced training on Vernier data-collection technology.
The Vernier Video Training Library contains hundreds of videos designed to get you started or answer specific questions.