A place for insight, inspiration, and experiments.
Vernier offers more than 1,000 experiments in biology, chemistry, engineering/robotics, and physics that can help you inspire students and integrate data-collection technology into your science courses. We will be featuring at least one of our experiments in each edition of The Caliper.
- Measure the gas production of a chemical reaction by a pressure change
- Determine the molar volume of the gas produced in the reaction
- Calculate the molar volume of a gas at STP
“The Molar Volume of a Gas,” along with a supporting video and data file, is available in Vernier Graphical Analysis™ Pro. To support science educators during this unprecedented time, we are extending the free trial period for Graphical Analysis Pro through June 2022.
- Obtain position, velocity, and time data for a projectile
- Analyze the position vs. time and velocity vs. time graphs for both the horizontal and vertical components of the projectile’s motion
- Create and analyze their own video of an object undergoing projectile motion
“Projectile Motion” was originally published in Vernier Video Analysis: Motion and Sports, an e-book featuring 12 investigations in which students explore velocity, acceleration, and sports activities using Vernier Video Analysis. To support science educators during this unprecedented time, we are extending the free trial period for Video Analysis through June 2022.
Share this Article
Sign up for The Caliper
The Caliper newsletter is published monthly and covers urgent topics in STEM and education.