A place for insight, inspiration, and experiments.
Want to know the latest goings-on at Vernier? Check out the newest edition of The Caliper for a roundup of product announcements, academic journal and media mentions, upcoming events, and other news.
We’re so excited to announce Vernier Connections, our new online platform designed to engage high school students in hands-on STEM learning and exploration! Vernier Connections empowers educators to deliver fun, interactive investigations and projects. This easy-to-use platform also gives you everything you need to create relevant real-world learning experiences, as well as the flexibility to customize content to your specific classroom context. We’re preparing for the full availability of Vernier Connections in 2023.
Extended Free Trial Periods for Two Vernier Apps
Graphical Analysis Pro is our premier tool for data collection, visualization, and analysis. When used in conjunction with our sensors, this award-winning app takes hands-on science education to a new level.
With Video Analysis, students can use their mobile devices to insert a video with recorded motion, mark points to track the object in motion, and analyze the collected data—all in one dedicated and streamlined app.
Grants and Grant-Related Resources
- Congratulations to Olivia Kuper, Crystal McDowell, and Eric Sullenberger, the winners of the 2022 Vernier/NSTA Technology Awards!
- Check out our updated grant-writing guide to explore tips and opportunities for funding your K–12 STEM projects.
Journal and Media Mentions
- “Metabolic Scaling of Fire Ants (Solenopsis Invicta) Engaged in Collective Behaviors”
H. Ko, K. Komilian, J. S. Waters, and D. L. Hu; Biology Open; 11, 2 (2022)
- “Local Teacher Earns Grant”
(From The Quad-City Times)
- Educator tweet from March 17
- Educator tweet from March 23
Upcoming Conferences, Webinars, and Workshops
- Vernier webinars
- May 5, 3–3:30 p.m. PDT: KidWind Wind Turbine Basics for All Levels
- May 10, 10–11 a.m. PDT: Demystifying Polarimetry with Common Food Chemistry Experiments
- May 12, 2–3 p.m. PDT: Colors and Light: Investigating Plant Pigments
Interested in free professional development specific to your needs?
Check out our webinar archive or request a free personalized virtual training.
Share this Article
Sign up for The Caliper
The Caliper newsletter is published monthly and covers urgent topics in STEM and education.