A place for insight, inspiration, and experiments.
Want to know the latest goings-on at Vernier? Check out this roundup of product announcements, upcoming events, journal and media mentions, and other news.
New Error Bars Feature for Vernier Graphical Analysis™ Pro
Our award-winning Graphical Analysis Pro app now allows users to add error bars to their data. Useful for everyone (and particularly beneficial for International Baccalaureate and college classrooms), error bars help students indicate the uncertainty of plotted data. This allows students to visualize how much data can vary as a result of different factors, such as instrumentation and experimental setup—and, more importantly, how to make improvements to reduce those errors.
New Funding Opportunity for STEM Educators: Vernier Science Education Inspiration Grants
We are thrilled to announce an exciting funding opportunity for STEM educators: the Vernier Science Education Inspiration Grants. This new grant program recognizes innovative educators who currently engage—or seek to engage—their students through creative implementation of Vernier technology. These educators deliver hands-on, socially relevant STEM education that inspires scientific curiosity and fosters STEM literacy. We will award 10 educators with a Vernier Science Education Inspiration Grant this year.
Learn more about the rules and apply today!
- Vernier webinars
- November 9 at 10:30–11:30 a.m. PST: Physics Meets Programming: How to Use Python® to Increase Student Engagement
- November 16 at 1–2 p.m. PST: Mixed Up No More: Achieving Clean Identification and Separation of Compounds with Your Go Direct® Mini GC™
- October 27–29: 2022 Florida Association of Science Teachers Conference (St. Augustine, Florida)
- October 28–30: Project Lead The Way Summit (Orlando, Florida)
- November 5–7: Science Teachers Association of New York State Annual Conference (Syracuse, New York)
- November 10–12: Conference for the Advancement of Science Teaching (Dallas, Texas)
- November 10–12: Virginia Association of Science Teachers 2022 Professional Development Institute (Williamsburg, Virginia)
- November 10–13: National Association of Biology Teachers 2022 Professional Development Conference (Indianapolis, Indiana)
Interested in free professional development specific to your needs?
Check out our webinar archive or request a free personalized virtual training.
Journal and Media Mentions
- “Speed of Sound Measurement Using an Ultrasonic Motion Detector”
I. E. Santosa; The Physics Teacher; 60, 597 (2022).
- “One Class at a Time: La Pine High Science Teacher Receives $500 for Key New Equipment, Supplies”
Share this Article
Sign up for The Caliper
The Caliper newsletter is published monthly and covers urgent topics in STEM and education.