Now that neuroscience is a topic covered in one of the “big ideas” in the new AP Biology curriculum, many teachers have been asking how Vernier sensors can be used to teach concepts related to neuroscience.
For more information about Brain Awareness Week, visit the Society For Neuroscience website.
Free, downloadable neurology slide images are available to introduce Brain Awareness Week to your class. Thanks to Dr. John Melville for the images. Download the slides
Activities related to neuroscience are listed below:
- Investigate Your Sense of Balance Using a Force Plate
- Studying the Diving Reflex in the Laboratory
- Record Electric Signals from an Electric Fish!
Human Physiology with Vernier
- EMG and Muscle Fatigue
- Introduction to EMG
- Neuromuscular Reflexes (with Accelerometer)
- Neuromuscular Reflexes (without Accelerometer)
- Heart Rate Response to Baroreceptor Feedback