The Bar Tape Guide contains an adapter that allows Bar Tape to be used with a Vernier Photogate. Bar Tape is 3 m long, and it has alternating opaque and transparent bars that have a spacing of 1.524 cm. The tape can be attached to objects and pulled through the photogate. This allows you to perform experiments much like what you would do with a “ticker tape timer”.
- Studying the motion of a toy car
- Studying the motion of other toys, e.g., air powered rockets
- Studying the motion of a person as they hold the tape and walk away from the photogate
The Bar Tape Guide kit includes
- (1) Bar Tape Guide
- (2) 1 3/8 in outside diameter O-rings
- (2) 1 3/16 in outside diameter O-rings
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »