Forensics with Vernier is for teachers at the high school level who wish to introduce their students to forensics using engaging and realistic laboratory activities with Vernier probeware.
Containing lab activities dealing with various aspects of forensic science, each experiment is preceded by a short scenario that introduces the concepts or methods to be addressed in the activity. These introductory sequences are designed to “hook” the students and show them situations that require various forensic techniques. The Case Analysis questions for each activity relate to the concepts and techniques addressed in the lab, and many require the students to “solve” the crime introduced in the scenario with the data they collect.
Included with Forensics with Vernier
- Complete student activities with materials list, step-by-step instructions, data tables, and questions
- Access to up-to-date versions of the activities
- Teacher Information section for each activity with complete directions for setting up experiments, helpful hints, and sample graphs and data
- Instructions for data collection with Logger Pro 3, LabQuest App, and EasyData
- Word-processing files of all experiments, so you can easily edit experiments to meet your personal teaching style
- A generous site license—buy one book and duplicate the experiments for your class
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Select an experiment below to view an overview, objectives, necessary probeware, and standards correlations.
- Table of Contents
- Experiments by Product
Dual-Range Force Sensor (2)
Go Direct™ Motion Detector (1)
Stainless Steel Temperature Probe (2)
Preview "The Ink is Still Wet" from Forensics with Vernier. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.Download sample experiment
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »