This free book introduces NI LabVIEW programming through a series of hands-on exercises using a temperature sensor, voltage probe, microphone, and Vernier interface.
- Grade Levels
- Recommended for College and High School
Besides learning the basics of NI LabVIEW programming, your students will be introduced to collecting and analyzing data. This enhances the learning experience and helps them move to the stage of creating their own custom programs and independent projects. The exercises in this book can be done with the Vernier SensorDAQ, LabQuest, or LabQuest Mini.
NI LabVIEW software is sold separately by National Instruments.
- 1. Open and Run an Example VI
- 2. Read Microphone Data
- 3. Analyze Microphone Data
- 4. Continuous Read and Analyze Microphone Data
- 5. Read Temperature Data
- 6. Above Threshold Warning of Temperature Data
- 7. Create a Temperature Conversion SubVI
- 8. Control Analog Out, Digital Out and Pulse Out
- 9. Build a Sensor Control Program
Included with Hands-On Introduction to NI LabVIEW™ with Vernier
- An introduction to the basics of NI LabVIEW programming (LabVIEW version 2009 or newer)
- Step-by-step instructions for writing introductory NI LabVIEW programs
- NI LabVIEW sample programs
- Word-processing files of the exercises, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
Buy Printed Lab Book
Get the printed lab book and everything included with the free download.