This free book contains six experiments for detecting and analyzing radiation.
- Grade Levels
- Recommended for College and High School
- John Gastineau
Nuclear Radiation with Vernier contains six experiments for data collection with a radiation monitor including Distance and Radiation, Counting Statistics, Lifetime Measurement, Background Radiation Sources, Radiation Shielding, and Alpha, Beta, and Gamma.
- α, β, and γ
- Distance and Radiation
- Lifetime Measurement
- Counting Statistics
- Background Radiation Sources
- Radiation Shielding
Included with Nuclear Radiation with Vernier
- Complete student experiments with materials list, step-by-step instructions, data tables, and questions.
- Teacher Information section for each experiment with complete directions for setting up experiments, helpful hints, and sample graphs and data.
- Word-processing files of the student sections so that any experiment may be easily edited to your specifications (Microsoft Word for Macintosh and Windows files).
- Instructions to perform the experiments on every supported platform: