The powerful 12V/500mA (6 watt) solar panel is great for classroom experiments and basic applications that require more power. The aluminum frame glass laminated solar module allows for more robust solar experiments. Suitable for long term outdoor use, this panel can function as a power source for many devices. You can quickly connect electrical devices and circuits with large clamps on 20-inch wire. This panel is PET laminated, so it will still work under rainy conditions.
Please note: The 12V panel is not recommended for use with any of our small load devices, such as: small motors, water pumps, sound and light board, or LEDs. When applying power to an electrical device, you need to verify the max power input because you may damage the device.
Dimensions: 185 mm x 285 mm
Activities and Concepts
- Build a solar fan with a solar panel, solar motor, and a propellor rotor.
- Compare the efficiency of a solar panel over time without changing the angle of the panel. Set up a monitoring station with a multimeter and solar panel. Check on power output throughout the day at least once per hour.
- Understanding clean energy; discovering and discussing solar power as an energy source
- Exploring circuits, electricity, and magnetism
- Designing controlled experiments
- Analyzing data
- Understanding differences between energy and power
- Understanding weather and climate
This product is discontinued and no longer available.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »