Digital tools, such as Vernier sensors and graphing and analysis software, enhance STEM curriculum by integrating technology that helps students to visualize data and build critical thinking skills.
Vernier STEM Solutions
Vernier technology is used in more than 135 countries in biology, biotechnology, chemistry, Earth science, environmental science, physical science, physics, and water quality courses. From elementary schools to graduate studies, you can rely on Vernier technology for hands-on learning when science is the key focus of your STEM program.Using Vernier technology, students
- Ask questions and define problems to investigate
- Plan and carry out investigations
- Decide what data to gather and how much data are needed to produce reliable results
- Analyze and interpret data
All Vernier technology—from sensors used in hands-on experiments to technology to test design solutions— supports a robust, engaging STEM education.What other educators are saying
“The service, software, and equipment are extremely effective. My students enjoy using Vernier products. They have never once expressed anything but appreciation for the learning they were able to accomplish using Vernier technology and software.”
Will Lammers, Smithville Christian High School
The practices of engineering, when combined with Vernier sensors, allow students to identify problems, design solutions, and test those solutions using sensor data.Vernier supports hands-on engineering activities:
- Engineering design projects
- Feedback and control projects
- Bridge testing and contests
- Structures and materials testing
- Wind and solar energy investigations and design challenges
Computational thinking, visualizing data, and recognizing patterns are all part of scientific investigations and engineering activities using Vernier sensors and software.Engage students in mathematical activities that teach them how to
- Understand grade-level appropriate mathematics and statistics when analyzing data
- Visualize data using a variety of analytical tools to show relationships
Teach with Vernier Support
Win a STEM wind experiment kit for your classroom!
Five randomly selected winners will receive a $250 middle school STEM kit
Each entry will be eligible for a STEM kit, valued at approximately $250, which includes the following:
- KidWind Basic Wind Experiment Kit
- Go Direct® Energy Sensor
- Wind Energy Explorations
Enter the contest for your chance to win.
*Entries must be received by 11/30/18. Five winners will be randomly selected and notified via email by approximately 12/15/18. One entry per person. Must be an educator in order to enter. Winners must be 18 or older and residents of the United States. No purchase necessary in order to win. Contest void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Odds of winning depend on the number of entrants.