If you are preparing disk images to distribute software to your school computers here are some tips to follow. Note:The most common problem with image-based installation is with devices drivers. We recommend checking with the science team at your school to make sure you install the USB drivers for all of the devices they use.
1) Disconnect all the interfaces from the computer.
2) Log in with full administrative rights
3) Install the software and all the dependencies. Make sure you are using a recent version of the software that is designed for the operating system you are using. If you are unsure, check the version chart at: http://www.vernier.com/tech/lpupdates.html#older_os
a) For Logger Pro with Video Analysis install Apple Quicktime.
b) For Logger Pro with Data Share, install all the components via the custom install including Apple Bonjour. Details are at: TIL 2818: How do I use the Data Sharing feature of Logger Pro to send data to Graphical Analysis 4 via Wi-Fi?
c) For LabQuest Viewer install Apple Bonjour.
5) Connect the interfaces to the computer and makes sure that the drivers load correctly. Note that there are many different interfaces that Logger Pro and Logger Lite can talk to, so it usually best to figure out which ones you own and test those specific ones before you deploy the image.
a) TIL 2501: Windows Pre-Logger Pro 3.11 original LabQuest and LabQuest Mini, and pre-3.12 LabPro drivers
b) TIL 2851: Are the LabQuest 2 device drivers installed correctly?
c) For Wireless Dynamics Sensor System see http://www.vernier.com/bthelp/
d) Note there are other interfaces, including Go! Devices, several different Spectrometers, Ohaus Scales, VGPS receivers, the Watts Up power meter, and various TI calculators that all interface with Logger Pro. You will need to determine which of these will be used and test accordingly.
6) Verify that the software launches and talks to the hardware.
a) Logger Pro or Logger Lite or LabQuest Emulation: Connect a sensor to the interface. Press the green "Collect" button and see that you get a graph.
b) LabQuest Viewer: Connected to a network with a connected LabQuest 2 on the same network, verify that you can connect to it and see the screen.
Now the disk can be imaged and propagated to other identical computers. We don't recommend deploying a single image across different hardware.
TIL 1681: How can I install Logger Pro on several computers? Is there an MSI file or a silent installer?
TIL 2501: Windows Pre-Logger Pro 3.11 original LabQuest and LabQuest Mini, and pre-3.12 LabPro drivers
TIL 2851: Are the LabQuest 2 device drivers installed correctly?