1. Place the launcher on a flat surface and secure using table clamps.
2. Connect the hand pump to the launcher.
3. Connect the launcher to a USB outlet, USB brick, or USB port on a device.
4. Launch the Graphical Analysis 4 software or LabQuest 2 App and connect to the sensor.
If the sensor is connected to your device via USB, the software will automatically connect to the sensor.
5. Set the desired launch angle.
6. Set the release pressure by adjusting the range knob.
Turn the knob clockwise for higher pressure and higher muzzle velocity
Turn the knob counter-clockwise for lower pressure and lower muzzle velocity
7. Insert one steel ball into the barrel.
8. Pump the hand pump until the pressure stabilizes.
You should hear a small release sound when that pressure is reached.
9. Press and hold the Arm button and then press the Launch button to launch the projectile.
10. Observe the range of the ball and position the wax tape along the line of sight for subsequent data collection.