While attempting to start Logger Pro, you may encounter the following issues:
-Logger Pro does not start at all.
-Logger Pro starts but you see a window that says: "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
-Logger Pro takes several minutes to start.
Try the following to solve the issue:
1) Reboot the computer and try to start Logger Pro again.
2) Re-install Logger Pro. Make sure that you are running a version of Logger Pro that supports your operating system. Running an old version of Logger Pro on a new operating system will cause this problem. Updated versions of Logger Pro and a chart showing which version is recommended for each operating system is at
3) Run the Microsoft System File Checker tool: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
Corrupted Windows files can mess up everything, this will check for (and fix) those.
4) Is your computer set to run in French-Canadian or another foreign language? TIL 3795: Logger Pro won't launch on non-English Windows 10.
5) This also can be caused by interactions with LabView libraries. LabView isn't required for any part of Logger Pro, but LabView will work with our hardware and so we share some libraries with LabView if it in installed. However, uninstalling and reinstalling LabView is a lot of work to do correctly, so don't try that until you know that that is causing it: see step 7.
6) Only for Logger Pro version 3.10.1 and below. Something wrong with QuickTime. Uninstall QuickTime from the Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel, and then re-install it from:
If you can't get Quicktime to uninstall, it is a good sign that QuickTime's status is causing the problem with Logger Pro. We aren't experts at QuickTime installation problems, but we can disable QuickTime so that Logger Pro will at least launch (although Logger Pro won't play/analyze videos). Be advised that repairing Quicktime installations can be tricky, and we have talked to some people who have eventually had to re-install Windows so they can get a working QuickTime install.
7) To figure out for sure what is causing the problem, download process monitor:
Run the monitor (the default filters are fine). Then, start Logger Pro and wait for Windows to tell you that it has crashed or for Logger Pro to eventually show up.
Save the file in process monitor and e-mail it us.
TIL 3161: Logger Pro won't launch or crashes or hangs when you attempt to start. (advanced)