The Renewable Energy with Vernier lab book features 26 experiments in wind and solar energy. The book contains a combination of explorations, traditional experiments, inquiry investigations, engineering projects, and more.
In Renewable Energy with Vernier, students learn about renewable energy, experiment with variables affecting power output from model wind turbines and solar panels, and engage in engineering projects such as building a wind farm or a solar charger to meet certain design criteria.
Aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), all of the experiments are designed to support students in three-dimensional learning. Disciplinary Core Ideas, Science and Engineering Practices, and Crosscutting Concepts are identified for each experiment within the Instructor pages.
Many of the experiments use the Vernier Energy Sensor and the Vernier Variable Load, two products that were designed to measure the power and energy output of renewable energy sources. The experiments also use the KidWind Advanced Wind Experiment Kits, KidWind 2V solar panels, and Solar Thermal Exploration Kit.
Included with Renewable Energy with Vernier
- EQuIP rubric friendly experiments—each shows connections to NGSS
- 26 experiments and engineering projects in wind and solar energy
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Essential teacher information for successful experiments and projects
- Instructions for data collection with LabQuest App and Logger Pro 3
- A generous site license—buy one book and duplicate labs for your class
- Word-processing files of the student experiments, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Sensors and Interfaces for Experiments
Select an experiment below to view an overview, objectives, necessary probeware, and standards correlations.
- Table of Contents
- Experiments by Product
Surface Temperature Sensor (1)
Preview "Exploring Wind Turbines" from Renewable Energy with Vernier. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.Download sample experiment
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »