Recommended for College and High School. Interface is optional. Software sold separately.
SpectroVis Plus is an affordable, portable, visible to near-IR spectrophotometer and fluorometer.
Having a CCD array spectrometer/fluorometer combination is now affordable for each of your lab stations! Array spectrometer technology allows you to collect a full wavelength spectrum (absorbance, percent transmittance, or intensity) in less than one second. Once the peak wavelength is determined, you can easily determine the concentration of a solution (Beer’s law) or monitor rates of reaction.
With its two different excitation wavelengths, SpectroVis Plus can quantitatively measure the fluorescence spectra of many compounds, such as chlorophyll, fluorescein, GFP, and more.
Connect SpectroVis Plus to a LabQuest or a computer running Logger Pro using a standard USB cable (included), and see the results in full color.
Uses for SpectroVis Plus
- Measure absorbance, percent transmittance, emissions spectra, or fluorescence
- Conduct Beer’s law investigations
- Conduct kinetic studies of absorbance vs. time
- Perform equilibrium studies of absorbance vs. time or absorbance vs. concentration
- Conduct experiments on enzyme kinetics
- Perform colorimetric or fluorescent bioassays
- Measure emissions of gas discharge tubes, flame tests, or other light sources, using the SpectroVis Optical Fiber accessory (sold separately). For detailed emissions analysis, including hydrogen emissions, we recommend the Vernier Emissions Spectrometer.
How Does the SpectroVis Plus Work?
Light from the LED and tungsten bulb light source passes through a solution. Emerging light goes through a high-quality diffraction grating, then the diffracted light is collected and sorted by the CCD array detector.