Water Quality with Vernier
Recommended for High School.
This book contains 16 water quality tests, including pH, total dissolved solids, dissolved oxygen, BOD, flow rate, turbidity, nitrates, and phosphates.
Water Quality with Vernier has 16 water quality tests, including pH, total dissolved solids, dissolved oxygen, BOD, flow rate, turbidity, nitrates, and phosphates. All nine tests in the Water Quality Index (WQI) are supported. A comprehensive introduction is included for each test, providing important background information for the students.
Included with Water Quality with Vernier
- Complete student experiments with materials list, step-by-step instructions, data tables, and questions.
- Teacher Information section for each experiment with complete directions for setting up experiments, helpful hints, and sample graphs and data.
- Word-processing files of the student sections on a CD so that any experiment may be easily edited to your specifications (Microsoft Word for Macintosh and Windows files).
- CD includes instructions to perform the experiments on every supported platform:
- LabQuest in standalone mode
- Calculator (EasyData and Datamate)
Features listed above are only available when you purchase the lab book. The downloadable evaluation PDFs include student instructions only.
Sensors and Interfaces for Experiments
Buy a package to get the sensors and interface used for the experiments in this book.
Go to Water Quality packages
Select an experiment below to view objectives, standards correlations, or download a preview.
Stainless Steel Temperature Probe (1)
Dissolved Oxygen Probe (2)
Nitrate Ion-Selective Electrode (1)
Ammonium Ion-Selective Electrode (1)
Calcium Ion-Selective Electrode (1)
Chloride Ion-Selective Electrode (1)