This lab book provides AP* Chemistry students with 16 inquiry-based laboratory experiments aligned with the inquiry investigations published by the College Board. Each experiment guides students to investigate key principles of AP Chemistry using electronic sensors to collect important data.
The Vernier Chemistry Investigations for Use with AP* Chemistry lab book provides a comprehensive set of resources for the AP Chemistry teacher including sample data, sample analysis and calculations, and helpful guides to preparing reagents and chemical solutions. In addition, a carefully chosen set of step-by-step instructions for operating probes and software is included to help students make the best use of available lab time, while retaining the spirit of an inquiry environment.
Included with Vernier Chemistry Investigations for Use with AP* Chemistry
- Experiments aligned with the College Board’s 16 AP Chemistry investigations
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Essential instructor information including teaching tips, instructions for preparing solutions, suggested answers, and sample data and graphs
- A generous site license—buy one book and duplicate the experiments for your class
- Word-processing files of the student experiments, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
- Instructions for data collection with Logger Pro and LabQuest App
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Select an experiment below to view an overview, objectives, necessary probeware, and standards correlations.
- Table of Contents
- Experiments by Product
Go Direct™ SpectroVis Plus Spectrophotometer (5)
Go Direct™ Conductivity Probe (3)
Go Direct™ Drop Counter (5)
Go Direct™ Melt Station (2)
Go Direct™ Gas Pressure Sensor (2)
Go Direct™ ORP Sensor (1)
Go Direct™ Temperature Probe (1)
Stainless Steel Temperature Probe (1)
Preview "Investigating Food Dyes in Sports Beverages" from Vernier Chemistry Investigations for Use with AP* Chemistry. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.Download sample experiment
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »
* AP and Advanced Placement Program are registered trademarks of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of and does not endorse this product.