The Investigating Chemistry through Inquiry lab book contains 25 inquiry-based chemistry investigations. The book is authored by two long-time chemistry teachers, Donald L. Volz and Ray Smola, who have enjoyed using the inquiry method in their own instruction.
Each experiment includes a preliminary activity, teacher information, sample researchable questions, and sample data for those researchable questions. If you are new to inquiry-based instruction, the extensive Instructor Sections that are included with each investigation will help guide you through the inquiry-based style of chemistry instruction.
- 25 inquiry-based, chemistry investigations
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Essential teacher information for successful inquiry investigations
- Suggested researchable questions, sample data, and graphs
- A generous site license—buy one book and duplicate the labs for your class
- Word-processing files of the student experiments, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Preview “Beer’s Law Investigations” from Investigating Chemistry through Inquiry. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.