Use Vernier probeware to teach concepts at the college physics, AP* Physics, or IB** Physics level. Use it in addition to Advanced Physics with Vernier - Mechanics and Physics with Vernier for a comprehensive set of topics.
Advanced Physics with Vernier – Beyond Mechanics is the second of a two-volume set of experiments for the more in-depth introductory physics course, such as college physics, AP Physics, or IB Physics. Experiments are designed for an interactive teaching style, with planned moments for instructor- or student-led discussion.
Instructor Information sections for each experiment include discussions on how to guide students through a successful activity. The book includes many extensions to challenge the most talented students.
The first book in the series is Advanced Physics with Vernier - Mechanics.
Included with Advanced Physics with Vernier - Beyond Mechanics
- 22 student experiments complete with a materials list, instructions for data collection with Logger Pro 3 or LabQuest App, data tables, and questions
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Instructor Information section for each experiment with complete directions for setting up experiments, helpful hints, sample graphs, and data
- Word-processing files of the student experiments, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
- Electronic support material including videos
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Sensors and Interfaces for Experiments
Select an experiment below to view an overview, objectives, necessary probeware, and standards correlations.
- Table of Contents
- Experiments by Product
Stainless Steel Temperature Probe (3)
Power Amplifier Accessory Speaker (1)
Ultra Pulley Attachment (1)
Differential Voltage Probe (5)
Instrumentation Amplifier (4)
Vernier Circuit Board (3)
Mirror Set for Optics Expansion Kit (1)
Combination 1.2 m Track/Optics Bench (6)
Diffraction Apparatus (2)
Vernier Emissions Spectrometer (2)
Vernier Emissions Fiber (2)
Preview "Curved Mirrors and Images" from Advanced Physics with Vernier - Beyond Mechanics. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.Download sample experiment
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »
* AP and Advanced Placement Program are registered trademarks of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of and does not endorse this product.
** The IB Diploma Program is an official program of the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) which authorizes schools to offer it. The material available here has been developed independently of the IBO and is not endorsed by it.