Advanced Physics with Vernier – Mechanics is the first of a two-volume set of experiments for the more in-depth introductory physics course, such as college physics, AP Physics, or IB Physics. Experiments are designed for an interactive teaching style, with planned moments for instructor- or student-led discussion.
Instructor Information sections for each experiment include discussions on how to guide students through a successful activity. The book includes many extensions to challenge the most talented students.
The second book in the series is Advanced Physics with Vernier — Beyond Mechanics.
- 19 experiments designed for an interactive teaching style, with planned moments for instructor or student-led discussion
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Essential instructor information including discussions about how to lead students to a successful activity
- Experiment extensions that challenge the most talented students
- Word-processing files of the student investigations so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
- A generous site license—buy one book and duplicate the experiments for your class
- Instructions for data collection with Logger Pro 3 or LabQuest App
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Preview “Newton’s Second Law” from Advanced Physics with Vernier — Mechanics. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.
Download sample experiment