Advanced Physics with Vernier – Mechanics is the first of a two-volume set of experiments for the more in-depth introductory physics course, such as college physics, AP Physics, or IB Physics. Experiments are designed for an interactive teaching style, with planned moments for instructor- or student-led discussion.
Instructor Information sections for each experiment include discussions on how to guide students through a successful activity. The book includes many extensions to challenge the most talented students.
The second book in the series is Advanced Physics with Vernier — Beyond Mechanics.
- 19 experiments designed for an interactive teaching style, with planned moments for instructor or student-led discussion
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Essential instructor information including discussions about how to lead students to a successful activity
- Experiment extensions that challenge the most talented students
- Word-processing files of the student investigations so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
- A generous site license—buy one book and duplicate the experiments for your class
- Access to up-to-date versions of experiments including student experiment versions for Graphical Analysis Pro, LabQuest App, and Logger Pro 3.
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Preview “Newton’s Second Law” from Advanced Physics with Vernier — Mechanics. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.
Download sample experiment