NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to practicing educators attending the NSTA National Conference in Kansas City on October 26-28, 2023. Employees of Vernier Science Education, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers (collectively the “Employees”), as well as immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees, are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully, unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Vernier Science Education as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: The contest will last October 26-28, 2023, and entries are available until they last.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by scanning your conference badge at the Vernier Science Education booth (#1915) and wearing the ribbon given. The Contestant must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Conference attendees whose badges are not scanned or who are not wearing the ribbon will not be eligible to win. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. All prizes, except for the Grand Prize, will be selected by assigned Vernier Science Education staff, who will be walking around the conference venue and selecting at random eligible Contestants, who will then draw from a bag of prizes.
5. Prizes: There will be 100 winners for this Campaign. The prizes, drawn at random by selected participants, can be picked up at the Vernier Science Education booth (#1915) during exhibit hours. The prizes won depend on what participants draw from the prize bag. The following prizes will be given and are one per winner, unless otherwise specified: 10 Amazon or Starbucks gift cards; 20 Vernier e-books of your choice; 20 Go Direct® Temperature Probes; 20 pairs of Two Blind Brothers socks; 15 $50 Vernier gift certificates and a one-year site license for Vernier Graphical Analysis® Pro; 9 Vernier-branded YETI tumblers; 5 $100 Vernier gift certificates and a one-year site license for Vernier Graphical Analysis Pro; 1 Grand Prize of a $1,000 Vernier gift certificate, a one-year site license for Vernier Graphical Analysis Pro, and a virtual two-hour professional development session.
No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted, except at Vernier Science Education’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses—including, without limitation, any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes—shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Vernier Science Education to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected at random by a Vernier Science Education employee during the conference among Contestants wearing the ribbon provided upon registering at the Vernier Science Education booth (#1915). Winners will be notified immediately and asked to draw a prize voucher. Winners of physical prizes (i.e., Amazon and Starbucks gift cards, Go Direct® Temperature Probes, Two Blind Brother socks, and YETI tumblers) must pick up their prize at the Vernier booth before the end of the conference, or they will forfeit their prize. Winners of non-physical prizes (i.e., Vernier e-books, as well as Vernier gift certificates and one-year site licenses for Vernier Graphical Analysis Pro) must scan the QR code on their voucher and fill out the corresponding form to claim their prize. Winners of non-physical prizes must select their e-book or Vernier products by November 25, 2023. There will be 50 winners on Day 1, 35 winners on Day 2, and 15 winners on Day 3. The Grand Prize winner will be drawn from among all entries after the conference and notified via email. Vernier Science Education shall have no liability for Grand Prize Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise nonfunctioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within two weeks from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winners of the prizes offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Vernier Science Education’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest, You understand and agree that Vernier Science Education; anyone acting on behalf of Vernier Science Education; and Vernier Science Education’s licensees, successors, and assigns shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Vernier Science Education reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, nonauthorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Vernier Science Education control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Vernier Science Education and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND/OR, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in OR having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. By participating in the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules and Regulations.