Students explore wind energy through the use of the Investigating Wind Energy Go Direct® Package, which includes the KidWind MINI Wind Turbine with Blade Design, a Vernier Resistor Board, and Go Direct Energy. Topics covered include energy transfer; basic electric circuits; and the effect of blade variables such as pitch, shape, quantity, mass, and material.
- 10 ready-to-use student experiments and a culminating engineering project
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Instructions for data collection with Graphical Analysis, Logger Lite, and LabQuest App
- Essential instructor information including teaching tips, suggested answers, and sample data and graphs
- Word-processing files of the student experiments, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Preview “Blade Design: Pitch” from Investigating Wind Energy. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.