This book contains 10 hands-on, engaging wind energy experiments for elementary students and a culminating wind energy engineering project.
Students explore wind energy through the use of KidWind MINI Wind Turbines
and the Vernier Energy Sensor
. Topics covered include energy transfer; basic electric circuits; and the effect of blade variables such as pitch, shape, quantity, mass, and material.
Included with Investigating Wind Energy
- 10 ready-to-use student experiments and a culminating engineering project
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Instructions for data collection with Graphical Analysis 4, Logger Lite, and LabQuest App
- Essential instructor information including teaching tips, suggested answers, and sample data and graphs
- Word-processing files of the student experiments, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Sensors and Interfaces for Experiments
Select an experiment below to view an overview, objectives, necessary probeware, and standards correlations.
- Table of Contents
- Experiments by Product
KidWind MINI Wind Turbine (11)
KidWind Sound and Light Board (3)
Go Direct® Energy Sensor (9)
Vernier Energy Sensor (9)
Vernier Resistor Board (8)
Preview "Blade Design: Pitch" from Investigating Wind Energy. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.Download sample experiment
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »