Examine renewable energy, solar power, and engineering design with these eight, downloadable experiments written for middle school science. Suitable for grades 4–8.
Solar Energy Explorations consists of eight solar energy experiments and one project for students to study renewable energy and solar power while practicing engineering design. Using Go Direct® Energy, a Vernier Resistor Board, a KidWind Solar Energy Exploration Kit, and Graphical Analysis™ 4 app, students will gain an understanding of energy, temperature, and circuits as they explore solar energy.
- Renewable energy
- Solar power
- Engineering design
Included with Solar Energy Explorations
- 8 ready-to-use student experiments and 1 project
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Instructions for data collection with Graphical Analysis™ 4 and Go Direct® sensors
- Essential instructor information including teaching tips, suggested answers, and sample data and graphs
- Word-processing files of the student experiments, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
- Complete equipment and supplies list
- A generous site license—buy one book and duplicate the experiments for your class
Select an experiment below to view an overview, objectives, necessary probeware, and standards correlations.
- Table of Contents
- Experiments by Product
Go Direct® Surface Temperature Sensor (2)
Solar Energy Exploration Kit (8)
Go Direct® Energy Sensor (7)
Vernier Resistor Board (7)
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »