- call in at 3:04 a.m.
- large fire on the East Side; historic log cabin of town founder, James McDonald
- first responders too late to save cabin
- traces of an unidentified chemical residue discovered in cabin remains
- drops of unidentified chemical found between cabin remains and main road
(??accelerant used to spread the fire??)
ARSON strongly suspected
- chemical evidence sent to lab for testing
- Identify the likely accelerant in an arson.
- Identify a solution, based on evaporation rate.
- Understand that evaporation rate is a characteristic property of a liquid.