In this activity, students simulate various security and emergency systems using different sensors and devices on mBot:
- A car alarm (triggered by the Line-Follower Sensor)
- A security system (requires a “keyless entry” code be entered on the IR Remote Control)
- The sirens and warning lights on an emergency vehicle (using the Buzzer and the LEDs) Students also learn to use mBlock’s “timer” block to control code execution.
- Practice writing, running, and troubleshooting mBot code.
- Learn how to use the “timer” block to control code execution, allowing for mBot to do multiple things simultaneously.