The physical properties of a pure substance can be used to identify the substance and distinguish it from other pure substances. Boiling temperature is one such physical property. Boiling is characterized by the formation of vapor bubbles within the liquid phase as a substance changes from a liquid to a gas. In this experiment, you will study the boiling of water.
In this experiment, you will
- Observe the boiling of water.
- Use a computer to make measurements.
- Analyze the data.
- Graph the data.
- Use the graph to make conclusions about boiling.
- Determine the boiling temperature of water.
- Apply the concepts studied in a new situation.