Introduce your students to the coding skills they need to compete in our increasingly digital world. With mBot Explorer, a programmable STEM robot kit, students learn entry-level coding that extends beyond the screen and allows them to interact with the physical world.
mBot Explorer expands the position of the base mBot kit with the addition of a Me LED Matrix 8 x 16, which students will use to create things like expressions or animations.
Using mBlock™ software, based on Scratch, students can easily program their mBot with drag and drop command blocks—prior coding experience is not required.
Each mBot features the following
- Easy assembly, no soldering: mBot assembles in 10–15 minutes and has color-labeled RJ25 ports for convenient wiring.
- Drag-and-drop graphical programming: mBlock app (iOS/Android) and software (Windows/macOS/Chrome) are based on the popular Scratch software and provide a quick way to learn to code. As students advance, they can program mBot using the Arduino® IDE.
- Programmed for fun: mBot comes programmed with three preset control modes: obstacle-avoidance, line-following, and manual control to make implementing projects even easier.
- Wirelessly connected: mBot uses Bluetooth® wireless technology to automatically connect to mobile devices.
- Endless creations: mBot is compatible with the vast catalog of Makeblock platform components and most LEGO® pieces, so students are limited only by their imaginations.