The SparkFun RedBoard is an Arduino™-compatible board, which is perfect for use with the Vernier Arduino Interface Shield. A USB Mini-B cable is included.
The SparkFun RedBoard is an Arduino-compatible board that is perfect for use with the Vernier Arduino Interface Shield. It is a surface-mount board, which is pin-for-pin compatible with a R3 3 Arduino layout. The key difference between the RedBoard and most Arduino boards is that it uses a mini-B USB connector instead of a full-size type-B USB connector.
The RedBoard operating voltage is 5 volts, which is required for use with most Vernier sensors. You can power the RedBoard either with the USB connector (included) or with a 7-15 V barrel jack power supply (not included).
To use Vernier sensors with the SparkFun Redboard, you will need the Vernier Arduino Interface Shield. See our full guide on how to use Vernier sensors with Arduino »
- Dimensions: 2.7 x 2.1″ (68.58 x 53.34mm)
- USB-to-Serial Chip: FTDI FT232RL
- Main Processor: ATmega328
- Flash Memory: 32kB
- Clock Speed: 16MHz
- Operating Voltage: 5 volts
- Digital I/O Pins: 14 (6 PWM outputs)
- Analog Inputs: 6
- Button: Reset
- USB Connector: USB Mini-B cable (included)
- Barrel jack power connector: 5 mm, with 2.1 mm center pole (center pole +, 7 to 15 V supply)
- SparkFun RedBoard with cable
- Mini-B USB cable (1.5 m long)