Go!Temp, Go!Link and Go!Motion devices are designed for use with computers. As such they come with USB cables with standard-A connectors for connection to the USB port on a computer or Chromebook.
EasyTemp, EasyLink and CBR 2 devices are designed for use with the TI-84 Plus and TI-Nspire graphing calculators. As such they come equipped with USB Mini-A plugs to permit connection to the USB port on a the calculator.
Adapters can be used to expand the use of these devices from one platform (computer) to another (TI-84 Plus) or vice versa. The adapters and cables involved are described below.
- Go!Motion to Calculator Cable (TI-GMC-IO) – used to connect the Go!Motion or CBR 2 to any calculator (via I/O port.) This cable has the small I/O plug on both ends. It could also be used to connect two calculators or a calculator to a LabPro or CBL 2.
- Go!Motion to Calculator Mini-USB port (TI-GMUSB) – used to connect the Go!Motion or CBR 2 to a TI-84 Plus calculator (via USB.) This cable has a standard USB series-B plug on one end (Go!Motion/CBR 2) and a USB Mini-A plug on the other end (to calculator.)
- Go! to Easy Adapter (USB-MINI) – used to convert a USB series-A plug to a USB Mini-A plug. This can be used to convert a Go!Temp for use with a TI-4 Plus calculator. It could also convert a Go!Motion cable (standard USB) to work with a TI-84 Plus calculator. IMPORTANT: Although a connection can be made between a Go!Link and a TI-84 Plus calculator, this combination ONLY supports rev2 Go!Links due to power requirements. The rev2 Go!Link may be identified by the words “by Vernier” added to the case, and/or the longer cable (1.75m vs. 0.75m.) The rev2 Go!Link units started shipping on or around 12/15/05.
- Easy to Go! Adapter (MINI-USB) – used to convert a USB Mini-A plug to a USB series-A plug. This can be used to convert an EasyTemp or EasyLink for use with a computer. This will also convert a CBR 2 USB cable for use with a computer.
|Connect to Computer||Connect to TI-84 and TI-Nspire Handhelds||Connect to an interface (CBL2, LabPro, LabQuest, etc.)|
|Go!Link (GO-LINK)||No Adapter Required||USB-MINI (Not included)||Not Applicable1|
|Go!Temp (GO-TEMP)||No Adapter Required||USB-MINI (Not included)||Not Applicable1|
|Go! Motion (GO-MOT)||GMC-USB (Included with Go!Motion)||MDC-BTD (Not included)|
|CBR 2 (CBR2)||
||No Adapter Required||MDC-BTD (Not included)|
|EasyTemp (EZ-TMP)||MINI-USB (Not included)||No Adapter Required||Not Applicable2|
|EasyLink (EZ-LINK)||MINI-USB (Not included)||No Adapter Required||Not Applicable2|
1 Go!Link and Go!Temp connect directly to a computer’s USB port. No interface is needed.
2 EasyTemp and EasyLink connect directly to a calculator’s USB port. No interface is needed.
- Should I buy EasyTemp or Go!Temp to work with both Texas Instruments calculators and computers/Chromebooks?
- Should I buy EasyLink or Go!Link to work with both Texas Instruments calculators and computers/Chromebooks?
- What motion detector should I buy that will work with both calculators and computers/Chromebooks?
- How do I use Vernier USB products with a computer or Chromebook having only USB-C ports?