When using the ProScope with a microscope and a computer, the microscope tube adapter (BD-MTA) requires adjustment before an image can be observed.
To adjust the tube adapter, the following steps are required:
1. Connect the Proscope to the computer and start LoggerPro Software.
2. Focus the microscope on the object to be viewed before removing the ocular lens and inserting the ProScope – tube adapter arrangement.
3. After connecting the ProScope and tube adapter to the microscope, loosen the set screw on the upper portion of the tube adapter.
4. Gently slide the ProScope up the tube adapter until an image starts to appear. This will occur within 2 cm of movement.
5. Carefully adjust ProScope position to obtain best focus before tightening set screw.
6. Use the course and fine adjustments of the microscope for optimal focusing.