There are several ways to reset LabQuest. Try these steps in the order listed below.
- Reboot: For a low-impact restart, tap the Home icon on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, select Control Panel, and then select Reboot.
- If the screen is not responding, use Home hard-key and arrow keys to navigate to Reboot.
- If the unit does not respond to the hard keys, continue to step 2.
- If the hard keys respond but the screen is not working, try recalibrating the screen, see My original LabQuest screen is unresponsive or acts like I am tapping on the wrong spot.
- Hard Reset: If you have attempted a reboot and the unit is not responding, perform a hard reset. For detailed instructions, see: How do I perform a hard reset on my original LabQuest unit?
Note: Do not use a Hard Reset except as a last resort, such as when both the screen and hard keys are not responding. This is equivalent to turning off a computer by pulling out the power cord instead of shutting it down.