Vernier GPS Sensor, order code VGPS
Specifications and User Guide
- Primary Test: Make sure your software and computer operating systems (as applicable) are supported by the Vernier GPS (see requirements below). Connect the Vernier GPS to the USB port on LabQuest or your computer. If using a computer, use the USB extension cable (included). Go outside with an unobstructed view of the sky, and wait for enough satellites to be acquired. The first time could take up to 5 min (or 30 min with an original VGPS).
Which version of the VGPS do I have?
- The original VGPS was shipped up until June 2010. There is no serial number on the label on the back of the sensor.
- The MTK VGPS began shipping in June 2010. There is a serial number on the label on the back of the sensor.
LabQuest Software Requirements
- Original VGPS requires LabQuest App 1.2 or newer
- MTK VGPS requires LabQuest App 1.4 or newer
Computer Software and OS Requirements
- Macintosh: Requires OS X 10.8 or 10.9 in conjunction with Logger Pro 3.7 through 3.10. It does not work with Logger Pro 3.11 or newer on any Macintosh, and it does not work on OS X 10.10 or newer with any version of Logger Pro.
- Windows: Requires Windows 7 or 8 in conjunction with Logger Pro 3.7 to 3.10.2. It does not work with Logger Pro 3.11 or newer on any Windows computer, and it does not work on Windows 10 or newer with any version of Logger Pro.
- Macintosh: Requires OS X 10.8 or 10.9 in conjunction with Logger Pro 3.8.3 through 3.10. It does not work with Logger Pro 3.11 or newer on any Macintosh, and it does not work on OS X 10.10 or newer with any version of Logger Pro.
- Windows: Requires Windows 7 or newer in conjunction with Logger Pro 3.8.3 or newer.
Other TIL Entries
-TIL 1945: My Vernier GPS is detected, but never finds any satellites.
-TIL 1941: What datum is used by Vernier GPS and LabQuest 2 GPS?
-TIL 1937: My Vernier GPS or LabQuest 2 GPS shows a lot of scatter when it is at rest.
-TIL 2132: My Vernier GPS generates a dialog box about a network device when connected to Mac OS X 10.6.
-TIL 2769: My LabQuest 2 GPS does not find satellites.
-TIL 3362: Why won't my Vernier GPS Sensor (order code: VGPS) work on my Macintosh computer?
- Display units: Decimal Degrees (hddd.ddddd°), Degree Minutes (hddd°mm.mmmmm'), or UTM
- Channels: 66 (22 Tracking, 66 Acquisition)
- Update rate: 1 Hz
- Acquisition times:
----- Hot start, open sky 2 s (typical)
----- Cold start, open sky 35 s (typical)
- Position accuracy: 3 m (2D RMS)
- Calibrate? No.
Related Vernier Video