When using the Time of Flight Pad with the Vernier Projectile Launcher or Go Direct Projectile Launcher, each successful launch that hits the pad will show 6 events (3 blocked and 3 unblocked) in the data table. If that is not happening, check the following:
- Make sure the ball is landing close to the center of the pad. Impacts near the edges may not be recorded.
- Verify your Projectile Launcher is recording velocity measurements as expected without the Time of Flight Pad connected.
- If your data collection software is set to end collection after a fixed number of events, be sure the number of events is at least 5 so you can capture the time the ball hits the pad.
The following pertains to the Vernier Projectile Launcher only.
Vernier Projectile Launcher, order code VPL, $389
- Be sure you have the Time of Flight Pad connected to the EXT. SWITCH port on the Projectile Launcher.
- Try using a LabQuest Power Supply with your Projectile Launcher.
If the device works normally with an external power supply, the interface may not be providing enough power to the Launcher.
- Verify the version of Time of Flight Pad you are using is REV 1 or newer.
The revision number is marked with a label on the underside of the Time of Flight Pad.
If your TOF pad is still not functioning properly, contact Vernier for additional technical support.