A red battery with lightening bolt icon on a LabQuest 2 means that the battery has failed an internal test but the unit is running on AC power. There are several possible causes for this.
- The battery is missing.
- The battery contacts are covered and not making a connection.
- The battery capacitance is too low.
- The battery voltage is too low.
If the battery icon is red, try the following:
- Verify that the battery is installed properly and that the battery contact points are not covered and are clean.
- Update the software at www.vernier.com/support/updates/labquest/labq2/ (version 2.0.1 and version 2.2.1 are prone to this problem.)
- Allow the unit to charge for 12 hours using the AC adapter that came with the unit.
- Reboot the unit (Home > System > Reboot).
If the battery icon is still red, the battery is likely bad and will need to be replaced. Batteries carry a one year warranty. If the battery is less than a year old, contact Vernier (email@example.com) for further assistance.
TIL 2741: LabQuest 2 Battery Troubleshooting and FAQs
TIL 2692: My brand new LabQuest 2 battery doesn't work.
TIL 3023: The battery on my LabQuest 2 is swollen.
TIL 2763: What does the battery icon on my LabQuest 2 mean?